Bring this easy to make, versatile keto appetizer to all your holiday parties! Its perfect for staying on keto track, but this is also a non-ketoer crowd pleaser. You can prepare mushrooms one day ahead and all you have to do is bake on the busy holiday!
- 16 oz raw mushroom caps with stems
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp bacon pieces
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (use 1/8 tsp if you prefer less spice)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash mushrooms and place on paper towels to soak up some of the water.
- Remove stems and place in a food processor.
- Add garlic, bacon, parmesan cheese, and spices to the food processor.
- Process until combined to the size of pieces you prefer in your stuffed mushroom. I do about 10-15 pulses.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium/low heat.
- Add mixture to the pan and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Add mixture to mushroom caps. I allow the filling to cool slightly and use a plastic sealing bag to pipe, by snipping off the tip of the bag.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in a casserole dish or baking sheet at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes to finish. Watch carefully because they burn easily.
- Cool 5 minutes, enjoy!
Nutritional Information (1/16th Recipe)