A huge cheesy Italian meatball with only a micro amount of carbs: 5 net!
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1lb 93% lean ground tukey
- 1lb hot Italian sausage
- 4 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 4.5 oz gouda cheese, cut into 6 (3/4oz) cubes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2.5 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 oz shredded mozzerella cheese
- 3 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (or 24oz jar) Rao’s Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix beef, turkey, sausage, grated parmesan, pork rinds, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper by hand until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal parts. Make a ball with one part and press one cube of gouda in the center. Cover meat around cheese.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry each meatball on all sides ( a few minutes each side) until lightly browned. Place into 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan and mozzerella over sauced meatballs.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove foil and broil until cheese is bubbling and golden.
Nutritional Information (1 Meatball)