You’ll feel like your cheating on keto because this chicken parmesan tastes just like the real deal. And this isn’t another one of those recipes that claim to taste just like the non-keto version and doesn’t. It actually tastes just like breaded chicken parm!
- 1.25 lbs chicken breast, thin sliced (about 3 large chicken breasts)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/3 c almond flour
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 c Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place psyllium powder in a medium bowl.
- Dredge chicken breasts lightly in psyllium powder, then eggs, and then press into almond flour/parmesan mixture.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Pan fry chicken about 4 mins on each side. Each side should be dark golden brown, but careful not to burn.
- Remove chicken to 9X13 baking dish.
- Divide marinara sauce evenly and top each chicken breast.
- Divide mozzarella evenly among chicken breasts.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
Nutritional Information (1/3 recipe)