When the nights start getting chilly, this comfort food is sure to warm the insides.
- 1.5 lbs beef stew meat
- 8 oz frozen cauliflower
- 6 oz carrots, chopped
- 5 oz celery, chopped
- 5 oz fresh green beans, chopped
- 2.5 oz onion, chopped
- 32 oz beef stock
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 packet ‘Beef Stew Seasoning’ (I used locally produced and low carb Healthy Solutions Hearty Beef Stew. This mix has maltodextrin and dextrose, so if you would like to make your own blend of spices or have a seasoning mix that does not contain these ingredients, I’ve left out the nutritional information for the packet below.)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat and pan sear beef for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place beef into slow cooker.
- Add beef stock, onions, carrots, celery, and green beans and sprinkle seasoning over vegetables.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add frozen cauliflower and continue cooking on low for another 2-3 hours.
- Optional: this stew pairs nicely with Cheese Biscuits to soak up the juices.
Nutritional Information (1/6th recipe with packet)
Nutritional Information (1/6th recipe without packet)