Hot Sausage and heavy cream: winner, winner, sausage dinner.
- 3 hot Italian sausages, casing removed
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilis
- 1.5 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Cook sausage over medium heat in large skillet.
- When sausage is almost cooked through, add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add minced garlic and cook until garlic becomes fragrant, (less than one minute).
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a very light boil. Whisk until cream begins to thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese and continue to whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain Rotel, discard the liquid, and then add tomatoes to pan with Alfredo sauce.
- Add sausage back to pan and combine well.
- Simmer very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Optional: serve over riced broccoli/cauliflower mix.
Nutritional Information (1/4 recipe, approx. 3/4 cup)