This keto-friendly cabbage soup can serve as the base to endless variations. Play with your food! I enjoy mixing it up by adding left over veggies, such as mushrooms, zucchini, or string beans. When I’m in a spicy mood, I toss in 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper. Today I enjoyed a mock chicken and rice soup by adding diced rotisserie chicken and 2 tbsp cooked riced cauliflower. Just adjust the nutritional information to what you add and you’re good to go!
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth or Stock
- 2 ounces diced onion
- 2 ounces sliced baby carrots
- 2 ounces chopped celery
- 6.5 ounces chopped cabbage
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté carrots, celery, and onions until tender.
- Add garlic and sauté until garlic becomes fragrant (less than one minute).
- Add broth, seasonings, and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information (1 cup)