Surprise! For keto-ers who are tired of bacon and eggs for breakfast, sausage hidden in a pancake batter muffin will fill the gap. Make a large batch and freeze for later when you need a quick surprise!
Ingredients (Makes 4)
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar free vanilla syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 truvia packet
- 4 precooked breakfast sausage links (no casing)
- optional: sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add all ingredients except sausage (and optional sugar free maple syrup) to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with 4 muffin papers.
- Place approximately 1 tbsp of batter into each paper.
- Cut sausages in half and place two halves in center of each muffin.
- Divide remaining batter evenly and pour onto the sausages.
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. A tooth pick inserted into batter should come out clean.
- Optional: top with sugar free maple syrup.
Nutritional Information (1 muffin, sugar alcohols and seasonings not included)