Its time to add a little spice to your keto life and do so in the form of “french fries.”
- 1 medium Jicama (Mexican turnip)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp hot Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Peel jicama and slice into fries.
- Boil fries for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Mix all seasonings into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss fries with olive oil and mixed seasonings until well coated.
- Lay fries out on a baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake at 425F for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy with a side of reduced sugar ketchup, sour cream, or favorite creamy dressing.
Nutritional information (1/8th recipe)