- 3 ounces shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 2 ounces (4 slices) genoa salami
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella, divided
- 4 strips precooked bacon
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Make 4 piles of 3/4 ounce Mexican cheese on a non stick baking sheet.
- Place one slice of salami on each pile of Mexican cheese.
- Place 1/4 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese on top of each salami.
- Cut bacon strips in half and cross two pieces over each mozzarella piece.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste over each pile.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from baking tray (edges of Mexican cheese should be crispy while the bottom center will be gooey) and place on paper towel, immediately folding in half.
- Allow to sit for one minute.
- Optional: serve with sour cream, lettuce, and tomato.
- Enjoy your quickie.
Nutrition Information (2 salami quickies)