A powerfully flavored keto pizza packed with protein and everyone’s favorite player, BACON. Add our own toppings to customize this pizza to satisfy your taste buds. Be sure to recalculate the macros when adjusting toppings to stay on keto track.
- 1 3/4c shredded mozzarella
- 3/4c almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp oregano powder
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2c heavy cream
- 3 tbsp grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8tsp salt
- 1/8tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shelled and deveined precooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/4tsp onion powder
- 1/4tsp chili powder
- 1/8tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/16tsp ground allspice
- 1/8tsp truvia (or choice of artificial sweetener)
- 6 slices chopped precooked bacon
- 3/4c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4c grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 thin sliced baby bella mushroom caps (or 1 ounce)
- Season chopped shrimp by adding all seasonings into a large plastic sealing storage bag and mixing well.
- Add shrimp to bag and mix well until all shrimp pieces are evenly coated in seasoning.
- Spray a pan with non stick cooking spray and fry shrimp on medium heat until most of he liquid evaporates. Set shrimp aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F. If using a pizza stone, place stone in oven to heat.
- In a large pan, combine mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond flour over medium heat.
- Stir mixture frequently until cheeses are melted and the mixture comes together.
- Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl. The mixture should be cool enough to handle, but warm enough to be pliable.
- Add egg and seasonings and mix dough by hand until all ingredients are just combined.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to desired shape and size and transfer to warmed pizza stone or cool baking sheet.
- Poke fork holes all over dough to ensure even baking.
- Bake at 425F for 12-15 minutes. (Alfredo sauce can be started here, step 14)
- Once top is browned, you can flip the dough over and brown the other side for extra crispiness.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium size pan, saute minced garlic in butter over medium heat until garlic becomes fragrant (approximately 1 minute).
- Add heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg and stir constantly using a whisk.
- Reduce heat to low-medium/low and continue stirring until sauce thickens, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over pizza crust and spread evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Add seasoned shrimp, bacon pieces, mushrooms, and any custom toppings you have chosen evenly over sauced crust.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over toppings.
- Place pizza back into oven at 425F and bake until cheeses are melted, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutritional information (1/8 pizza)