Its cheese inside of sausage inside of a pepper inside of bacon. Its a cheesausapeppbacernadurkin…?
- 5 large green Italian peppers
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, block style
- 1 lb regular sliced bacon
- 1 lb package of hot Italian sausages, links
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
- Cut pepper jack cheese into 5 (3/4 oz) strips.
- Remove sausages from casings and slice length wise once.
- Place one strip of cheese inside each sliced sausage and pinch sausage closed around cheese.
- Put cheese stuffed sausage inside of pepper. If it will not fit, slice open one side of the pepper length wise to make room for the sausage.
- Wrap each pepper with 3 slices of bacon to cover the entire pepper.
- Bake at 400F for 40-45 minutes.
Nutritional Information (1 stuffed pepper)