“Balls de Meat,” aka Meatballs, are a versatile base for many a keto-friendly recipes.
- 1 and 1/3 lbs of 85/15 ground beef
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 small onion (or 2 ounces), minced
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. If using a baking stone tray, place stone in oven to heat.
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl until just combined.
- Roll approximately 2 tbsp of mixture into 24-26 even balls. A small ice cream scoop is handy here.
- Dip each meatball bottom in olive oil and place onto baking dish or baking stone tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip meatballs over.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes.
Nutritional information (1 meatball)